Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Only with Participating Airlines [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
The following are the domestic and international TSA Pre✓® Participating Airlines:
  • Advanced Air
  • Aerolane Lineas Aereas Nacionales del Ecuador
  • AeroMexico
  • Air Canada
  • Air Europa
  • Air France
  • Air India
  • Air Premia
  • Air Serbia
  • Air Tahiti Nui
  • Air Transat
  • Alaska Airlines
  • All Nippon Airways
  • Allegiant Air
  • American Airlines
  • Aruba Airlines
  • Asiana Airlines
  • Austrian Airlines
  • Avelo Airlines
  • Avianca
  • Azul Airlines
  • Bahamasair
  • BermudAir
  • Boutique Airlines
  • Breeze Airways
  • British Airways
  • Brussels Airlines
  • Cape Air
  • Cathay Pacific Airways
  • Cayman Airways
  • China Airlines
  • Condor Airlines
  • Contour Aviation
  • Copa Airlines
  • Delta Air Lines
  • Eastern Airlines
  • Edelweiss Air
  • EL AL Israel
  • Emirates
  • Etihad Airways
  • Eurowings Discover
  • EVA Air
  • Fiji Airways
  • Finnair
  • Flair Airlines
  • Flycana
  • French bee
  • Frontier Airlines
  • Global Crossing Airlines
  • Hawaiian Airlines
  • iAero Airways
  • Iberia
  • Icelandair
  • InterCaribbean Airways
  • ITA Airways
  • Japan Airlines
  • JetBlue Airways
  • Key Lime Air
  • KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  • Korean Air
  • La Compagnie
  • LAN Peru S.A.
  • LATAM Airlines
  • Lufthansa
  • New Pacific Airlines
  • Norse Atlantic Airways
  • Norwegian Air
  • Omni Air International
  • PAL Express
  • Philippine Airlines
  • Porter Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Qatar Airways
  • Scandinavian Airlines
  • Seaborne Airlines
  • Silver Airways
  • Singapore Airlines
  • Southern Airways Express
  • Southwest Airlines
  • Spirit Airlines
  • STARLUX Airlines
  • Sun Country Airlines
  • Sunwing Airlines
  • Swiss International Air Lines
  • Swoop
  • TAM-Linhas Aereas S.A.
  • TAP Air Portugal
  • Titan Airways
  • Turkish Airlines
  • Ultimate Jet Charters
  • United Airlines
  • Virgin Atlantic
  • Viva Air Colombia
  • VivaAerobus
  • Volaris
  • Volaris El Salvador
  • WestJet
  • World Atlantic
  • ZIPAIR
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:05 am
Original Poster

I'm flying F9 out of MCI tomorrow. F9 don't participate in PreCheck, but use the same security checkpoint as AA, who does. Can I show my Global Entry card and passport, with my F9 boarding pass, and get in the PreCheck line?

The only reason I got Global Entry was for shorter lines at the airport. The PreCheck lines usually have a handful of people, while the regular line can be a 20-30 minute wait in the morning....
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by holland
I'm flying F9 out of MCI tomorrow. F9 don't participate in PreCheck, but use the same security checkpoint as AA, who does. Can I show my Global Entry card and passport, with my F9 boarding pass, and get in the PreCheck line?

The only reason I got Global Entry was for shorter lines at the airport. The PreCheck lines usually have a handful of people, while the regular line can be a 20-30 minute wait in the morning....
No. Flashing your GE card doesn't get you into the Pre line. Your boarding pass has to indicate you're Pre approved (or TSA could randomly let you in through "Managed Inclusion", but that is a crap shoot). Basically, be prepared to wait in the regular security line and have your 311 bag and laptop ready for removal.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
No luck officially. Flying Air Canada out of SEA, I flashed by Nexus card and they put me in the premium line, so at least it was a little faster.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Well that sucks. Waste of $100 if it requires every airline to cooperate. No premium lines at MCI, just steerage and PreCheck.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
It's been a while since I have flown out of MCI, has it changed where the security screening is no longer right infront on the gates?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

It is, but they've doubled or tripled the number of gates being served by a checkpoint. Instead of 2-3 gates, it's now 8-10. F9 shares the check point with AA, and there's usually a good 20-30 minute wait at 5:30-6:30am on Monday mornings... especially with all the theater going on.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Buy a refundable ticket on a participating airline, check in for your flight, use the boarding pass to get through security, and then cancel the ticket. It's worked for me in the past.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:20 pm

Using GE to get TSA precheck when flying foreign airlines?

Hi,
I'll be flying RT from JFK to AUH on EY. Can I give the airline my GE number in hopes of getting TSA precheck on the outbound leg? Or does that only work for domestic routes?
Cheers,

John
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Air Canada is the only foreign carrier that is linked up for precheck
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:37 am

Good morning and thank you! - John
Old May 11, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
No TSA PreCheck with Non-participating Airlines [merged threads]

When flying on an airline that is not set-up for Pre-Check (but at a terminal with a Pre-Check line), has anyone accessed the Pre-Check line by just showing their Global Entry/Trusted Traveler card?

I read on one of the many Boarding Area blogs about someone successfully doing this. Intrigued to hear if anyone on FlyerTalk has also attempted this move.

With the wide adoption of Pre-Check by all the airlines I fly at my usual airports, I don't anticipate having this need... So I'm mainly asking out of curiosity.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by gobears293
When flying on an airline that is not set-up for Pre-Check (but at a terminal with a Pre-Check line), has anyone accessed the Pre-Check line by just showing their Global Entry/Trusted Traveler card?

I read on one of the many Boarding Area blogs about someone successfully doing this. Intrigued to hear if anyone on FlyerTalk has also attempted this move.

With the wide adoption of Pre-Check by all the airlines I fly at my usual airports, I don't anticipate having this need... So I'm mainly asking out of curiosity.
Using a TT card doesn't do the trick to get into Precheck, but TT cards are accepted ID at all TSA checkpoints, including Precheck.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gobears293

While apparently some, maybe a very few, have been able to "talk" themselves in a PreCheck line by using their Trusted Traveler cards it is not an aspect of the programs. I've not tried so have no personal experience. I did use my GE card as my ID once just to see if it worked and had no issues. I had been cautioned by the CBP officer who did my interview that despite the GE card being on the list of approved I might run into a TSA who was less than enthusiastic about the card.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
What am I missing - I thought GE cards grant access to Pre-check lines no matter the airline?
Old May 13, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Section 107
What am I missing - I thought GE cards grant access to Pre-check lines no matter the airline?
Nope. Not the case and as far as I know never has been. Only a boarding pass from a PreCheck participating airline or random selection gets you into the PreCheck line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.